In these challenging times, we are more pressed to become guided by virtues because these values make us whole in the midst of the wrong we see around us. In doing our daily business, we have to practice what is right in order to build trust. There is always a crowd before us. We have to do right, even when it is hard to do right.
If we are ethical in our personal life, we will know the difference of behaving in high standards. Personal ethics is the foundation of professional ethics. It will entail us to go by dependability, patience, compassion, loyalty, respect, objectivity and wisdom. These values will be the pillars of our strength as individuals. How do we learn the standard? From growing up, we are taught moral principles, and those things that are right or wrong. As we age, we further learn that conforming to the norms and standards of society provides us better opportunities to advance in our relationships, both personal and in business.
Respect is a word which bears a heavy meaning in all relationships, and without that, good relationships cannot be cultivated. Respect for others breeds tolerance for them even if they don’t share our perspectives. It would be hard to exist in a world where we would always try to change people’s opinions and impose on them our personal judgments. However, practicing integrity is a choice and living a life of integrity will present us issues to tackle and sacrifices to endure. Nevertheless, our ethical behavior will help create an environment of respect and dignity. If we want to build lasting and wholesome relationships in business, we must align ourselves with the ethical standards of organizations where we belong. Then we would have no need of rules when this is ingrained in our very being.
We can stand tall, when we have integrity. Have you got it on you?
By Richard Templar
Rule 1- Walk your talk
1. Get your work noticed
2. Never stand still
3. Volunteer carefully
4. Carve out a niche for yourself
5. Under promise and over deliver
6. Know something others don’t
7. Be 100% committed
8. Enjoy what you are doing
9. Develop the right attitude
10. Never let anyone know how hard you work
Rule 2 – Know that you’re being judged at all times
1. Dress well
2. Cultivate a smile
3. No limp fish – develop the perfect handshake
4. Exude confidence and energy
5. Develop a style that gets you noticed
6. Pay attention to personal grooming
7. Be attractive
8. Be cool
9. Speak well
10. Write well
Rule 3 – Have a plan
1. Know what you want long term
2. Know what you want short term
3. Study the promotion system
4. Develop a game plan
5. Set objectives
6. Know your role
7. Know yourself – strengths and weaknesses
8. Identify key times and events
9. Anticipate threats
10. Look for opportunities
Rule 4- If you can’t say anything nice, shut up
1. Don’t gossip
2. Don’t bitch
3. Stand up for others
4. Compliment people sincerely
5. Be cheerful and positive
6. Ask questions
7. Use “please” and “thank you”
8. Don’t swear
9. Be a good listener
10. Only speak sense
Rule 5- Look after yourself
1. Know the ethics of your industry
2. Know the legalities of your industry
3. Set personal standards
4. Never lie
5. Never cover up for anyone
6. Keep records
7. Know the difference between the truth & the whole truth
8. Cultivate your support/contacts/friends
9. Understand others’ motives
10. Assume everyone else is playing by different rules
Rule 6- Blend in
1. Know the corporate culture
2. Speak the language
3. Dress up or down accordingly
4. Be adaptable in your dealings with different people
5. Know where to hang out, and when
6. Understand the social protocols
7. Know the rules about authority
8. Know the rules about the office hierarchy
9. Never disapprove of others
10. Understand the herd mentality
Rule 7- Act one step ahead
1. Dress one step ahead
2. Talk one step ahead
3. Act one step ahead
4. Think one step ahead
5. Address corporate issues and problems
6. Talk of “we” rather than “I”
7. Walk the walk
8. Spend more time with senior staff
9. Get people to assume you have already made the step
10. Prepare for the step after next
Rule 8- Cultivate diplomacy
1. Ask questions in times of conflict
2. Don’t take sides
3. Known when to keep your opinions to yourself
4. Be conciliatory
5. Never lose your temper
6. Never get personal
7. Know how to handle other people’s anger
8. Stand your ground
9. Be objective about the situation
10. Put things in perspective
Rule 9- Know the system and milk it
1. Know all the unspoken rules of office life
2. Know what to call everyone
3. Know when to stay late & when to go early
4. Know the theft or perk rule
5. Identify the people who count
6. Be on the right side of the people who count
7. Be well up on new management techniques
8. Know the undercurrents & hidden agendas
9. Know the favorites & cultivate them
10. Know the mission statement and understand it
Rule 10- Handle the opposition
1. Identify the opposition
2. Study them closely
3. Don’t back-stab
4. Know the psychology of promotion
5. Don’t give too much away
6. Keep your ear to the ground
7. Make the opposition seem irreplaceable
8. Don’t damn the opposition with faint praise
9. Capitalize on the career enhancing moments
10. Cultivate the friendship & approval of your colleagues
2009 was a gorgeous treat for me.
Another year is in store for all of us, one that is full of promise– and I am excited to find new territories to conquer again. Yet there are more lessons to learn, more people to thank for – my family, the people I work with across the US, and all my friends. The long hours I spent in creative ferment will one day see its prize.
So, alone in this inspired path I would go; tho’ none notice, as I would not require the presence of negative influences *grin. No time to waste on inappreciable company. My rule now: detach from people who are affecting me negatively (at least I hope I can).
Just thankful that I have a clear take on where I want to head for because I have decided to refine my focus on things that will matter to me.
Happy 2010! May this year see us a better person.
All the best,
Tara Estacaan (**,)
VA work needs you to be efficient in administrative and secretarial tasks. Your communication skills should be sharp.
When you love to be of service to people, and take pride in providing your efforts to businesses, you are a good candidate to becoming a Virtual Assistant. In addition, cyber skills and a keen sense of collaboration with others can be qualities that will give you a great chance of pursuing a VA career.
For people who want to accomplish things the easy way, hiring a VA to help with business and personal transactions can be a practical decision. So the market that wants to hire Virtual Assistance will never lack because a VA can be an all-in-one support online.
One of the most difficult things to accomplish in SEO is the task of writing optimized blogs and articles, but this will always be part of an internet marketing campaign. Why is it vital to get SEO content? The reasons below will bring light to this query.
It Helps Attract More Traffic
High quality SEO content can bring more visitors to a site. The right amount of relevant keywords must be placed in the web content such as articles, press releases and blogs. Search engines, definitely, will locate this information for people who are using your keywords to search for information. Then, searches can point to your site when presenting the results to online users. Needless to mention, content must also be interesting for people and SE to notice.
It Can Give The Right Impression For Your Business
Web content must be credible. When SE finds your content valuable to include in search results, it gives an idea that the information provider, which is your website, is an expert in a specific niche. This is a good sign that you can be a leader in an industry and this will, as a result, convince people to buy your products.
It Can Be A Supplementary Money-Making Scheme
When you have collected plenty of SEO content in your site, you are provided an option to convert it into an alternative income. An e-book can add income to your business since you can help people get more ideas on marketing. This can be sold both online and offline. Your SEO content can make you an instant best seller if you have excellent collection of write-ups, guides and tips for budding business people.
If you need SEO content and articles done, ask me!