In these challenging times, we are more pressed to become guided by virtues because these values make us whole in the midst of the wrong we see around us. In doing our daily business, we have to practice what is right in order to build trust. There is always a crowd before us. We have to do right, even when it is hard to do right.
If we are ethical in our personal life, we will know the difference of behaving in high standards. Personal ethics is the foundation of professional ethics. It will entail us to go by dependability, patience, compassion, loyalty, respect, objectivity and wisdom. These values will be the pillars of our strength as individuals. How do we learn the standard? From growing up, we are taught moral principles, and those things that are right or wrong. As we age, we further learn that conforming to the norms and standards of society provides us better opportunities to advance in our relationships, both personal and in business.
Respect is a word which bears a heavy meaning in all relationships, and without that, good relationships cannot be cultivated. Respect for others breeds tolerance for them even if they don’t share our perspectives. It would be hard to exist in a world where we would always try to change people’s opinions and impose on them our personal judgments. However, practicing integrity is a choice and living a life of integrity will present us issues to tackle and sacrifices to endure. Nevertheless, our ethical behavior will help create an environment of respect and dignity. If we want to build lasting and wholesome relationships in business, we must align ourselves with the ethical standards of organizations where we belong. Then we would have no need of rules when this is ingrained in our very being.
We can stand tall, when we have integrity. Have you got it on you?
By Richard Templar
Rule 1- Walk your talk
1. Get your work noticed
2. Never stand still
3. Volunteer carefully
4. Carve out a niche for yourself
5. Under promise and over deliver
6. Know something others don’t
7. Be 100% committed
8. Enjoy what you are doing
9. Develop the right attitude
10. Never let anyone know how hard you work
Rule 2 – Know that you’re being judged at all times
1. Dress well
2. Cultivate a smile
3. No limp fish – develop the perfect handshake
4. Exude confidence and energy
5. Develop a style that gets you noticed
6. Pay attention to personal grooming
7. Be attractive
8. Be cool
9. Speak well
10. Write well
Rule 3 – Have a plan
1. Know what you want long term
2. Know what you want short term
3. Study the promotion system
4. Develop a game plan
5. Set objectives
6. Know your role
7. Know yourself – strengths and weaknesses
8. Identify key times and events
9. Anticipate threats
10. Look for opportunities
Rule 4- If you can’t say anything nice, shut up
1. Don’t gossip
2. Don’t bitch
3. Stand up for others
4. Compliment people sincerely
5. Be cheerful and positive
6. Ask questions
7. Use “please” and “thank you”
8. Don’t swear
9. Be a good listener
10. Only speak sense
Rule 5- Look after yourself
1. Know the ethics of your industry
2. Know the legalities of your industry
3. Set personal standards
4. Never lie
5. Never cover up for anyone
6. Keep records
7. Know the difference between the truth & the whole truth
8. Cultivate your support/contacts/friends
9. Understand others’ motives
10. Assume everyone else is playing by different rules
Rule 6- Blend in
1. Know the corporate culture
2. Speak the language
3. Dress up or down accordingly
4. Be adaptable in your dealings with different people
5. Know where to hang out, and when
6. Understand the social protocols
7. Know the rules about authority
8. Know the rules about the office hierarchy
9. Never disapprove of others
10. Understand the herd mentality
Rule 7- Act one step ahead
1. Dress one step ahead
2. Talk one step ahead
3. Act one step ahead
4. Think one step ahead
5. Address corporate issues and problems
6. Talk of “we” rather than “I”
7. Walk the walk
8. Spend more time with senior staff
9. Get people to assume you have already made the step
10. Prepare for the step after next
Rule 8- Cultivate diplomacy
1. Ask questions in times of conflict
2. Don’t take sides
3. Known when to keep your opinions to yourself
4. Be conciliatory
5. Never lose your temper
6. Never get personal
7. Know how to handle other people’s anger
8. Stand your ground
9. Be objective about the situation
10. Put things in perspective
Rule 9- Know the system and milk it
1. Know all the unspoken rules of office life
2. Know what to call everyone
3. Know when to stay late & when to go early
4. Know the theft or perk rule
5. Identify the people who count
6. Be on the right side of the people who count
7. Be well up on new management techniques
8. Know the undercurrents & hidden agendas
9. Know the favorites & cultivate them
10. Know the mission statement and understand it
Rule 10- Handle the opposition
1. Identify the opposition
2. Study them closely
3. Don’t back-stab
4. Know the psychology of promotion
5. Don’t give too much away
6. Keep your ear to the ground
7. Make the opposition seem irreplaceable
8. Don’t damn the opposition with faint praise
9. Capitalize on the career enhancing moments
10. Cultivate the friendship & approval of your colleagues
A business marketing plan can put elements to work together so that businesses achieve their potentials! It is a maintenance system for any organization or corporation that aspires towards specific goals. The marketing plan becomes a structure where each step made by the company can refer to it, so long as the business continues to operate.
For Business Stability
Whether acknowledged or not, every business can get a good station when it is using a business marketing plan. There are several times in the course of business that things can become unstable, so a simple business plan can serve as a complete reference when implementation of appropriate measures is required.
But the plan should not always expect to impose too rigid guidelines, as some situations or issues will surely call for flexibility. However, it will be a big help for the management team in cases of disputable situations.
Business planning can accommodate what owners want to happen in their businesses. It is always necessary to formulate a marketing guide for each organization. However, not every business marketing plan can work with any business; each one must get a tailored plan, a marketing system for its products.
Guide For All Businesses
Businesses whether it be small scale or large can make use of a business marketing plan. In the online market, those who do not have a clear line of promoting their brand name and products have little to expect in terms of revenue.
Assistance From Online Marketers and Writers
It will need support of top-of-the-line internet marketers and writers who can deliver a system for strategic planning to clients. There may be technology available such as the business marketing plan software, but a carefully planned marketing scheme by only a web marketing expert would be the most practical thing you can do at the start.
If you need business marketing strategy for your online company, ask me! Together, we can target the right crowd for your business!
Online entrepreneurship. I have decided to pursue this path.
What made me strike on something that many consider hard to follow through? My reasons are a-plenty and they are all valid reasons for me.
My raison d’etre, they will justify why I am taking a different route this time.
1. Though I am not driven back with the idea that I can work for a company or for someone else, I just realized that I will be stuck evermore in a corporate chair, with limited income and a dim salary prospect.
2. An 8-hour office job failed to bring the kind of satisfaction that I thought it will provide me. Aside from that, it has become so tiring that work becomes dragging. When you are working for someone, you get up at least 2 hours earlier, prepare for work, take a ride from home and back again. I arrive at the office tired, and return home depleted— both the pocket and my energy reserve.
3. I am disillusioned with office politics. Corporate culture is stifling talent more instead of enhancing it, and there are no more better opportunities that can be seen. It is repulsive and downright ugly. It reminds me of dogs that fight over a piece of meat.
4. I become my own boss. Come to think of it. I make my own decisions, and choose the people I like to do business with. I can also choose what service and products to render, like the ones where I am good at.
5. I can handle my own team and manage them the way I think is proper. I become involved in conceptualizing things that are good for my business. I am in charge, and I make the right contribution to what can be called mine.
6. I obtain quality in my personal life. I can choose the time I work, where I go for vacations, without begging anyone to allow me to take a leave from work.
These things provide me a clear motive why I am going to make this a gainful engagement. Though I cannot guarantee that everything will become smooth, I will see to it that my efforts will be productive.
I am no longer a work junkie of the corporate world. Energized by this new light, I give cheers to new possibilities!
VA work needs you to be efficient in administrative and secretarial tasks. Your communication skills should be sharp.
When you love to be of service to people, and take pride in providing your efforts to businesses, you are a good candidate to becoming a Virtual Assistant. In addition, cyber skills and a keen sense of collaboration with others can be qualities that will give you a great chance of pursuing a VA career.
For people who want to accomplish things the easy way, hiring a VA to help with business and personal transactions can be a practical decision. So the market that wants to hire Virtual Assistance will never lack because a VA can be an all-in-one support online.